L-PRF (Leukocyte-Platelet-Rich Fibrin) in Plantation, FL & Hollywood, FL
What if there were a surefire way to speed up your oral surgery recovery?
What would you say if we could put your post-surgery healing on the fast track to full health?
L-PRF is the revolutionary procedure that allows you to walk away from your next dental treatment with a quicker, more efficient, and more natural propensity to heal.
What is L-PRF?
At Plantation Oral Surgery, Drs. Berley and Torres use a patient’s own blood, drawn during the patient’s outpatient surgery, to create a new framework for tissue to grow in the wound site.
Using a by-product of blood that is rich in platelets allows the body to take advantage of its natural healing pathways at a greatly accelerated rate.
Understanding Each Component of L-PRF
- Leukocytes—white blood cells—assist in healing our bodies by destroying pathogens (disease-causing organisms) and cleaning up dead cells.
- Platelets—cell fragments in our blood—help the body form blood clots and produce growth factors.
- Fibrin—a type of protein in our blood—aids platelets in creating blood clots.
The Advantages of L-PRF
- Safe—We make L-PRF from a small amount of your own blood, so there is no risk of transmission of disease. We use an IV to draw your blood, and it is ready to be used within 15 minutes.
- Convenient—We make L-PRF while you are undergoing outpatient surgery, so it requires no extra time.
- Healing—Quick healing (tissue regeneration) is the result of growth factors and increased tissue synthesis.
- Affordable— New technology allows Drs. Berley and Torres to harvest and produce the necessary quantity of platelets by drawing only a small amount of blood in our office.
- Easy– L-PRF is easy to use as it combines with grafting materials and eases their application.
Get the Best Oral Surgery Services!
Call us with any questions or to make an appointment.
Grafting material fills in an area where bone or tissue is absent, helps provide structural stability, and assists in the healing process. L-PRF is an advanced grafting technique, in which we use your blood to create personalized grafting material. We mix the L-PRF with either your bone, a bone substitute material, or a synthetic bone product. Not all bone-grafting cases require L-PRF, but when they do, the final amount of bone is increased which expedites the overall healing.
How is L-PRF grafting material created?
We first take a small blood sample from you and then spin your blood in a centrifuge to separate its contents to construct a matrix or blood clot. Next, we place the matrix in a machine designed to compress the matrix into the desired thickness. If applicable, we then dip the L-PRF matrix into a mixture of bone grafting material to add healing elements for bone regeneration.
Each of these components works together to quickly create a scaffold—a framework for new tissue to grow on—that forms an efficient network for cell communication and healing. Platelets, the portion of the blood that helps with all wound healing, release growth factors into the surgery site. The more growth factors released into the wound, the greater the assist as the body repairs itself by stimulating stem cells to regenerate new tissue.
What treatments use L-PRF?
We use L-PRF in dental and oral maxillofacial surgical procedures, including:
- Dental implants
- Bone defects
- Extraction sockets
- Sinus and dental ridge augmentation
- Palatal defects
- Maxillary bone atrophy
The Physical Benefits of L-PRF Grafting
- Accelerates the body’s natural healing process
- Contains zero additives
- Reduces the risk of allergy and side effects
- Produces excellent bone or tissue quality
At Plantation Oral Surgery, we take pride in using the best technology and techniques available to optimize your treatment plans. We customize your care by utilizing L-PRF grafting for a variety of procedures.